Step by step guide to hard reset iRobot Roomba
Follow our instructions carefully and reset your Roomba 800 series vacuum. All data and settings on your Roomba 800 will be automatically erased.
There are number of reasons why you would want to hard reset iRobot Roomba. You may want to reset your vacuum to reset the maps in the memory. Or, you got it from a previous owner. Sometimes, due to the Wi-Fi connectivity issue, you need to reset your Roomba 800 series. Whatever your reason is you need not worry as in this guide we will tell you how to reset Roomba 800 series.
Important notes before resetting Roomba vacuum
- All the cleaning sessions, maps, language, and time-zone will restore to default settings.
- The process will disassociate the vacuum robot from the iRobot account app and the iRobot app.
- All the smart maps that you’ve created will be removed.
- Then, You can restart the robot’s learning sessions after the factory reset is completed.
Why should you hard reset iRobot Roomba?
A factory data reset on Roomba 800 series vacuum is recommended in the following cases:
- When you have got the Roomba from another owner or you are planning to sell it.
- When an issue can be resolved by any other way.
How do I reset my Roomba 800 series vacuum?
There are two ways to reset Roomba 800 series vacuum. One is using the iRobot app and the second one is using the buttons on the device itself.
Hard reset through iRobot app
Use the following steps to reset Roomba 800 series vacuum using iRobot app-
- Make sure your mobile phone and iRobot app are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next,Open the iRobot app.
- Then, Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon and then tap on ‘Factory reset’ option.
- after then, the device will reset to default settings.
Hard reset through buttons
Use the following steps to hard reset iRobot Roomba using the buttons on the device-
Press and hold the dock spot clean and clean button simultaneously for a few seconds or until you hear a beep sound. This will reset your Roomba 800 series vacuum to default settings.
This was all about ‘how do I reset my Roomba 800 series vacuum’. to know more details, you can contact our team of experts.