Why I should reset iRobot Roomba?
A factory data reset for iRobot vacuum is recommended in the following scenarios:
- When you planning to sell a robot.
- When you want to erase the smart maps. Especially if you’re planning to move to a new home.
- Problems with the Wi-Fi connections
There are a few things that you should keep in mind before you reset iRobot Roomba which is discussed below:
- All the configured time-zone, cleaning sessions, and language will get erased.
- The vacuum will get disassociated from the iRobot account and iRobot app.
- If you’ve created smart maps, it will be removed.
- You will need to restart the learning sessions after restoring the iRobot to default settings.
How do I reset my iRobot vacuum?
There are two major ways to reset iRobot Roomba. One is using the buttons on the vacuum and another one is using the iRobot app. Refer to the following steps to know how to reset Roomba.
Reset using the buttons on the vacuum
You need to press and hold the dock spot clean button and clean button simultaneously until you hear a beep sound. This will reset your iRobot Roomba vacuum to its default settings.
Reset using the iRobot app
The following steps will help you to reset the iRobot vacuum to its default settings.
- Your mobile phone and iRobot should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, open the iRobot app and tap on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Look for the ‘Factory reset’ option and tap on it.
- Wait for a few. Your iRobot vacuum will now begin to go to original factory settings.
Once your iRobot vacuum has been reset to default settings, you will need to set it up once
again and start its learning session. We hope, your query regarding ‘How to reset Roomba
vacuum’ is now resolved. If you still have something more to ask from our technicians, you can
call on our toll-free number and get their help.