Introducing new iRobot Roomba i7+ – a Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
It’s hard to find people who have not heard of the Roomba vacuum cleaner. iRobot provides a number of Roomba vacuums to choose from but the Roomba i7+ is definitely the most impressive piece of tech. Imagine a Robot vacuum that not only cleans a home’s floor and specific rooms by name but automatically empties itself. Here is the Roomba i7+ vacuum cleaner launched by iRobot that brings a new level of automation to robotic vacuum cleaners. iRobot’s Roomba i7+ comes with the ability to learn, map, and remember a home’s floor plan to automatically clean your house. It is easy to cleaning your home now with this new robot vacuum. You just need to perform the iRobot Roomba i7+ wifi setup. If we talk about the design of the Roomba i7+ robot vacuum then it has a completely different look, unlike other Roomba vacuums. The home base of i7+ is taller and offers a ramp-style docking pad. Other impressive thing about this device is that it sucks the debris from the dustbin into a disposable bag within the home base charging station.
iRobot Roomba i7+ Features:
Self Emptying Dustbin – The Roomba i7+ is the first vacuum cleaner that features a self emptying dustbin built into a home charging base. It automatically empties itself into an enclosed, disposable bag where it can store up to 30 loads of debris.
Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes: It features two rubber brushes that work together to clean both carpets and hard floors effectively at your home.
Imprint Smart mapping – The iRobot Roomba i7+ comes with a smart mapping feature that can navigate the space and remember multiple floors and room names to avoid consistent obstacles. You can direct and control the robotic vacuum cleaner to clean the specific area of your home using the iRobot home app. Also, you can use voice commands through Alexa and Google assistant enabled devices to clean your home.
Best robot vacuums for Pet hair: It consists, 3-stage cleaning system lifts, suctions, and filters that let you clean the dirt and more pet hair than any other vacuum cleaner.
Scheduling: One of the best features of this vacuum cleaner is scheduling. It allows you to set your Roomba vacuum to run a scheduled cleaning one-time or periodically on a daily/weekly basis.
Other Features include:
The Wi-Fi setup for a Wi-Fi connected Roomba:
When it comes to iRobot Roomba Setup, it has not changed much from the 900 series of Roomba vacuums. The app is the same with extra features and the new smart base makes it more impressive. Before we dive too deep, let’s talk about how to set up Roomba i7+:
Download the iRobot Home App:
- First of all, download the iRobot home App and connect to wifi.
- Now, go to the Play Store or Apple Store and search for the “iRobot home”.
Home base Placement:
- Place the home base charging station in a place with good Wi-Fi coverage.
- Now, connect one end of the line cord into the home base and the other into a power outlet.
- Next, place the Roomba on the home base and provide it the power supply.
Connect Roomba to the Wi-Fi:
- The home app will display the Wi-Fi network name that your Smartphone is connected to.
- Now, confirm the “Wi-Fi network” that you would like to use.
- Then, enter the network password of your Wi-Fi and connect the Roomba to Wi-Fi.
- To activate Roomba, press the “Home” and “SPOT Clean” simultaneously and hold for 2 seconds.
- Now, you will hear a series of tones and Roomba will flash a green Wi-Fi icon.
Start Cleaning Cycle:
- Now, Roomba is ready for use. It will map each room and clean your floors during one cleaning cycle.
- After reaching its maximum capacity within the dustbin, it automatically returns to the home base to recharge itself.
- Once recharged, it empties the debris from the dustbin.
- After that, the debris will be deposited into a disposable bag that is kept in the “Clean base” station.
- Next, it will return back to where it left off cleaning last.
Why download the iRobot Home App?
Being a robot vacuum, it is expected to have remote control functionality that comes in the form of a Home app. The Roomba Home App offers a user-friendly interface with tons of features. You need to just download the app and connect to wifi, in order to connect it to the vacuum. Here are some tasks that you can perform with the help of the Home App:
- You can use it to register your Roomba i7+ robot vacuum.
- You can use it to schedule cleaning.
- Also, this App can be used to start, pause or cancel cleaning cycles from anywhere.
- And, you can view the floor plan and customize the cleaning preferences.
- You can monitor Roomba’s activities.
- Moreover, it allows you to partition and name the rooms at your home.
- Then, you can receive automatic software updates for your device.
The iRobot Roomba i7+ is one of the advanced vacuums in many ways. This device is really has an incredible design and a number of unique functionalities. And, it is a great robot that remembers the areas it has cleaned. Also, the product includes various features such as self-emptying, self-charging, recharge and resume, advanced navigation, voice control, iRobot home app, incredible usability, strong performance, and clean by room. The best robot vacuums for pet hair and has almost everything you want in a robot vacuum cleaner. So, if you are looking for a robot vacuum, the iRobot’s Roomba i7+ is hard to beat.